Orion Family Physiotherapy employs a broad range of targeted treatments to help a patient’s condition. The treatment provided will vary depending on the patient and the clinical presentation.
Treatment will be based on the best available research. In all cases, the best evidence-informed and clinically effective treatments are provided.
Since several factors may have led to a condition and may be perpetuating the disorder, treatment often requires a multidisciplinary approach, with a number of health professionals involved.
Treatment within physiotherapy will consider the patient from a holistic point of view. It is vital that other aspects of a patient’s situation are considered and dealt with simultaneously, as this will provide opportunity for a faster recovery.
- Mobilisation and manipulation of Joints
- Release of joints, muscles and nerves
- Trigger point therapy
- Myofascial release
- Therapeutic exercise
- Dry needling and acupuncture
- Gym Programs and Instruction
- Prescription of Braces, Splints and other physical aids
- Heat / Ice Therapy
- Neural tissue techniques
- Clinical Pilates, Preglaties and Exercise Classes
- Motor control and postural retraining
- Exercise programs and education
We employ a broad philosophical approach to treatment and use a number of treatment paradigms simultaneously including McKenzie method, Mulligan, Maitland, O’Sullivan, the Ridgeway method and more and often combine multi-disciplinary techniques using a “whatever works best for the specific patient” heuristic.