Are you about to have prostate surgery? Are you aware that most men experience bladder weakness (incontinence) after prostate surgery? The good news is that this can be managed or prevented with good preparation which is where physiotherapy can help!
At Orion Family Physiotherapy, our certified Cancer Rehab Physios Adam & Elle can help you with a number of Men’s health issues including:
- Preventing and managing incontinence post-prostate surgery
- Pain and dysfunction associated with prostatitis
- Bladder issues associated with prostate enlargement
- Pelvic pain, nerve pain, back pain or deconditioning associated with men’s health issues or even cancer.
What may you expect in your first consultation?
- Gathering a thorough history of your problem
- Education to help you understand what is happening and to prevent further issues
- Strategies to assist with attaining normal function- this may include toileting habits
- Prescription of specific exercises, often including pelvic floor rehabilitation, Pilates, general strength and core control programs