Amy is a highly qualified and experienced paediatric physiotherapist. She has been awarded the ‘Paediatric’ titled membership by the Australian Physiotherapy Association in recognition of her expertise and contribution to paediatric physiotherapy since 2008.
Amy has more than 25 years of experience in treating children with developmental, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions both in Hong Kong and Australia. She can speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Amy has practiced in Brisbane for the past 18 years.
- Delay in gross motor development
- Strong preference to turn the head to one side and/or
- have a flat spot on the head
- Obvious difference in hand or leg use
- Awkward postures and movement pattern (eg. walk on tip-toes, in-toeing, excessive stiffness or floppiness in movements, uncoordinated movements)
- Balance issues (eg. excessive falling difficulties with physical activities/sports)
- Learning issues which are impacted by physical difficulties (eg. poor concentration due to low muscle tone)
- Difficulties in holding crayons or pens due to weak hand grip and finger control
- Along with general growth, pain and injuries
Early identification and intervention of apparent problems are paramount to help children develop to their maximal potential.