Pilates is an exercise method, designed to stretch, strengthen and restore the body to balance. Pilates is a clinically proven way to improve your core strength and reduce pain including chronic low back pain! Armed with a thorough understanding of the anatomy combined with the latest research our physiotherapists can create an individual programme for you.
Classes are run as a group, but kept to a maximum of 10 to facilitate an individual focus whilst still keeping all the benefits of group training.
Classes Currently Available:
Tuesday 5.15pm-6.00pm / Wednesday 11.30am-12.15pm / Friday 5pm-5:30pm
Benefits of Pilates:
- Strengthens your Stabilizer Muscles (“core”)
- Helps balance the body
- Safe way to mobilize your spine
- Suitable for any age and fitness level
- Injury prevention
- Improved breathing control
- Tone and build long, lean muscles without bulk
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, and boost energy through deep stretching
- Restore postural alignment
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine
- Increase joint range of motion
- Improve circulation
- Heighten neuromuscular coordination
- Reduce back pain and joint stress
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity
- Improve the way your body looks and feels
How soon will I notice results?
This depends on your lifestyle and the frequency of your sessions. A Pilates program along with a healthy diet, regular cardio workouts, and weight training will help reform your body. Don’t expect a ‘quick fix’ with Pilates. The best results will occur over time with regular attendance of classes.
What to bring:
Though you probably won’t be guzzling water, as you may with an aerobic workout, you will still want to have a water bottle available and make sure that you are hydrated before you start. You may also want to bring a towel for perspiration or to lay over your individual Pilates mat (provided) and / or bring your own Pilates mat if you prefer.
What to wear:
There are a few things to consider when you dress for a Pilates workout. First, make sure your clothes give enough to let you move and stretch fully. Clothing that is firmer fitting sports apparel or light and loose but not baggy is best for movement, modesty and also enables your instructor to see your body well enough to gauge technique and alignment of your body. Pilates is usually done barefoot (not compulsory though), so no fancy footwear is needed.
Great packages are available for the classes, and most health funds offer rebates in your extras package (check with your fund):
Single Session $25.00 per class
5 Pre-paid Sessions $125.00 (6th class free!)
10 Pre-paid Sessions $250.00 (11th & 12th classes free!)
Please ring (07) 3470 1203 to pre-book for the classes you wish to attend as spaces fill up quickly!
For more information, please ask any of our friendly staff!
See below for the latest brochure on recent updates.